Monday, November 3, 2008

Open House and Evening Get-Together

Jim Johnson's photo from the afternoon Open House: Looking for familiar places, but instead finding familiar faces were: Ray Lansdowne and Robert R.T. Lawton and Kiti Lawton.

R.T. wrote the following in a follow-up email after the Oct 08 Reunion: ..."Kiti and I enjoyed talking with everyone, and truth be known, I probably conversed with more Campus High people last weekend than I did in 1960-61. Seems like work and other organizations got in the way back then...It was amazing to find out how far some of our Campus people had gone, the events they had been involved in, the pieces of history they'd made, and all this from what was essentially a rural high school at the time. On the other hand I had trouble finding physical reference points. The cafeteria was demolished to build a bigger, better one, all the campus style buildings are now joined by one long, connecting walkway, the locker bays at one end of each building are gone, the auditorium/theater is being remodeled, the football stadium is no longer on campus, and I couldn't find a single classroom I could swear I learned in... In the end, my reference points became the people I went to Campus High with and all the stories they had to tell. And, in the end, the people in your life are what's important in life. I wished I could have spent more time conversing with some of them. Perhaps we'll continue at the 50th Reunion.






Scott Kiehl and Larry Staats, past Co-Captains of the CHS Wresting team. Both agreed to pose in the similar pose found in the 1962 yearbook, but declined the invitation to remove their shirts to closer match the '62 photo.

Larry's Campus HS transportation. Scott Kiehl said he was a sometimes companion to and from school...that was if Larry wasn't transporting a recent girlfriend in the two-seater.


Royce Parish remarked he was surprised to see two others wearing California style shirts. From Left: Royce Parish - Gene Marshall TX and Chris Dunlap KS. Bill Lawton, Wichita - Rob Robinson NY and Larry Staats, Wichita.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: